12 Days of Fitness - Day 8
On the eighth day of fitness we’re giving you, EIGHT tips to survive the holiday party season. #healthyholidays
1. Eat healthy before you go. If you’re starving when you arrive, you’re likely to binge on unhealthy appetizers.
2. Bring your own healthy food to contribute to the party.
3. Use smaller plates and don’t pile it up.
4. Avoid cheesy dips and sticky sweets. Fill your plate with healthier choices.
5. It’s not necessary to deprive yourself of holiday favorites, just eat smaller portions of your favorites.
6. Don’t stand next to the buffet and mindlessly eat. Move and mingle.
7. Limit alcoholic beverages and make healthier choices when you do imbibe. Choose light beer, champagne or drinks with low calorie mixers like club soda and diet tonic.
8. Bring gum or mints. Chewing on a piece of gum after you nibble will help keep you from going in for seconds.