Free mobile tools help users manage weight and stay informed on 24 Hour Fitness® clubs, classes and videos.
SAN RAMON, Calif. - Oct. 4, 2010
24 Hour Fitness, the largest privately owned U.S. fitness chain and a leading health club industry pioneer, proudly introduces the My24 app for Android phones and devices. The new offering brings fitness management features directly to Android devices. Available in Android Market,* Android users can download the app to locate clubs while on the move, review club amenities, look up class schedules and access a variety of fitness tools.
Although the app was designed with 24 Hour Fitness members in mind, it is also available to the general public without a log-in requirement. “At 24 Hour Fitness, we want to help everyone with their fitness goals – even those who are not already members,” said Bill Quinn, Senior Vice President of Merchandising.
Features of the My24 app include:
• Club Finder – My24 lists nearby 24 Hour Fitness clubs when users enter a local zip code on their handheld device or quickly finds clubs using the “search by city” or “advanced search” functions. Android users can also auto-locate clubs using GPS technology
• Club Details – My24 users can retrieve club location information, club photographs and full lists of available club amenities
• Class Schedule Finder – This feature allows users to search for upcoming classes at specific club locations; includes details such as instructor names and class formats
In addition to 24 Hour Fitness information, My24 users have access to the following personal health tools:
• Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator – BMI is a useful indicator of overall fitness. Users can calculate their BMI and keep track of changes over time
• Calorie Burner – Tracks workout duration and intensity to conveniently calculate hard-burned calories
• Resting Metabolic Rate – Helps track the number of calories consumed while at rest. Users can monitor calories burned when they are working out
• Daily Calorie Calculator – Calculates approximate calorie needs based on activity levels
• Video Library – This includes class videos, equipment instruction and much more
• Refer a Friend – Users can refer a friend to 24 Hour Fitness
The company welcomes additional suggestions for future add-ons from the public via its Facebook page at www.facebook.com/24hourfitness.
*Android and Android Market are trademarks of Google Inc.
About 24 Hour Fitness
Headquartered in San Ramon, Calif., 24 Hour Fitness is a leading health club industry pioneer, serving nearly four million members in more than 400 clubs across the U.S. For more than 30 years, the company has been dedicated to helping members change their lives and reach their individual fitness goals. With convenient club locations, personal training services, innovative group exercise classes and a variety of strength, cardio and functional training equipment, 24 Hour Fitness offers fitness solutions for everyone.
Please call 1-800-224-0240 or visit 24hourfitness.com for more information and to find the club nearest you.