Community Invited to Join Festivities and Celebrate “Healthy Rohnert Park Day” on Saturday, Feb. 11
SAN RAMON, CALIF. - Feb. 6, 2012
24 Hour Fitness, is excited to celebrate the grand opening of its new club located at 6345 Commerce Blvd. in Rohnert Park, Calif. The 24 Hour Fitness® Rohnert Park Super-Sport club will open at 6 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 11 for workouts. To celebrate the much-anticipated opening, a ribbon cutting ceremony will take place at 11 a.m. with Rohnert Park Vice Mayor, Pam Stafford, who will proclaim the day “Healthy Rohnert Park Day.”
“The Bay Area has been the home to 24 Hour Fitness for nearly 30 years and we are proud to open our first club in Rohnert Park; providing those who live, work and play in the area with access to an inspiring personal training staff, exhilarating Group X® classes and state-of-the-art equipment,” said Dan Benning, division president, 24 Hour Fitness. “We are thrilled to have the city’s support as we celebrate ‘Healthy Rohnert Park Day’ on behalf of our grand opening, and look forward to helping even more people achieve their fitness goals for years to come.”
24 Hour Fitness invites everyone in the community to stop by the new club for VIP tours and to join the festivities on Feb. 11.
- 6 a.m. – Club opens for workouts and VIP tours begi
- 11 a.m. – Ribbon cutting and proclamation with Vice Mayor Pam Stafford
- All day – Guests will have the opportunity to sample several Group X classes including Zumba®, Les Mills BODYPUMP™, BODYCOMBAT and RPM.
The opening of the 24 Hour Fitness Rohnert Park Super-Sport club is part of several reinvestments the company has made in existing bay area locations including its clubs in Larkspur, Petaluma and Downtown Oakland - all which were recently renovated. Just last year, the company opened new facilities in Sunnyvale and Pleasanton, and expanded its Santa Rosa location. In 2011, 24 Hour Fitness also broke ground with Hall Equities Group and the City of Walnut Creek where the company anticipates the opening of its new 24 Hour Fitness Walnut Creek Super-Sport location later this year.
“We are excited to welcome 24 Hour Fitness to Rohnert Park and look forward to seeing our residents continue to pursue and live active lifestyles,” said Vice Mayor Stafford. “Bringing a fitness leader like 24 Hour Fitness into our community is also a sign that Rohnert Park is a great place to grow a business.”
John-Paul Scirica will oversee approximately 60 team members as club manager of the new facility which will span more than 42,000 square feet. The club will also feature a wide variety of amenities and services for members and guests to enjoy, including:
- State-of-the-art cardio, strength and functional training equipment with personal viewing screens on select machines
- Functional training area with TRX® Suspension Training
- Cycle and Group X rooms
- Full-sized basketball court
- Outdoor lap pool
- Whirlpool, steam room and sauna
- Kids’ Club babysitting service for children ages six months up to 12 years to enjoy activities while their parents work out
- Retail shop
- Towel service