Facility Opens After Renovations with Day of Complimentary VIP Tours and Group X® Class
SAN RAMON, Calif. - Apr. 5, 2012
24 Hour Fitness, one of the nation’s largest privately owned U.S. Fitness club chains, is pleased to announce the grand re-opening of its Long Beach Super-Sport club (view clubs web page), located at 3030 N. Bellflower Blvd., in Long Beach, Calif., on Saturday, April 7. Members and guests will enjoy a fully remodeled and expanded facility spanning 56,000 square feet, and featuring exciting new amenities including an added basketball court and TRX® Suspension Training. Joining the festivities will be Long Beach Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske, who will participate in the ribbon cutting ceremony and present a congratulatory certificate.
“Promoting healthy lifestyles is a priority for our City,” said Schipske. “We welcome opportunities for 5th District residents to have access to facilities like 24 Hour Fitness who champion exercise and physical fitness.”
The fully renovated 24 Hour Fitness® Long Beach Super-Sport club will feature more than 18,000 square feet of additional workout space, as well as an assortment of enhancements and upgrades, including:
- A new functional training area with TRX Suspension Training
- A new basketball court
- New Cycle and Group X® rooms
- A variety of new exercise equipment
- Personal viewing screens on select cardio machines
- A refreshed pool area and Group X room
- Remodeled locker rooms
- An updated Kids’ Club
- Towel service
Tommy Cassidy, a 12-year veteran of 24 Hour Fitness, will serve as club manager and lead a staff of more than 100 team members. To celebrate the opening, the 24 Hour Fitness team invites the community to experience the remodeled club and join the festivities on April 7:
- 6 am – Club opens for workouts
- 8 am – 11 am – Guests will have the opportunity to sample several Group X classes including 24Cycle®, Les Mills BODYPUMP® and Zumba®.
- 11 am – Ribbon cutting with Long Beach Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske
- Complimentary VIP tours and Kids’ Club babysitting service will also be provided to members and guests all day.
“24 Hour Fitness is pleased to offer Long Beach residents with an enhanced list of amenities similar to those found in our newer Burbank Empire and North Hollywood Super-Sport clubs,” said Jim McPhail, executive vice president of real estate and chief development officer, 24 Hour Fitness. “We appreciate the City’s support and intend to support the fitness needs of this community for many more years to come.”
In addition to the club’s recent enhancements, the 24 Hour Fitness Long Beach Super-Sport club will still offer popular services including Personal Training and Kids’ Club babysitting for children ages six months up to 12 years to enjoy activities while their parents work out.