New 24 Hour Fitness® Club in Fontana Opens Just in Time to Get in Summer Shape
Community Invited to Opening Day Festivities on Saturday, April 20
San Ramon, Calif. - April 20, 2012
On Saturday, April 20, 24 Hour Fitness celebrates the grand opening of its new club located at 17204 Slover Ave. in Fontana, Calif., which opens its doors at 6 a.m. The community is invited to stop by and experience all the club has to offer by taking a VIP tour, participating in popular group exercise classes like Les Mills BODYCOMBAT™ and Zumba®, shooting hoops on the NBA-sized basketball court or simply relaxing in the sauna.
In attendance will be honorable mayor Acquanetta Warren who will join 24 Hour Fitness in a formal ribbon cutting ceremony at 11 a.m. On behalf of the much-anticipated grand opening, Mayor Warren will proclaim April 20 as “Healthy Fontana Day.”
“The City of Fontana makes healthy living a top priority with the ‘Healthy Fontana’ initiative and efforts to combat childhood obesity,” said Albert Ramos, club manager, 24 Hour Fitness. “We’re proud to be part of a community that encourages fitness, and are also excited to open our doors just in time to help people as they begin working toward their summer fitness goals.”
24 Hour Fitness offers a wide variety of activities and workouts that are effective, motivating and rewarding to help you reach your fitness goals. Fitness manager Erica Caha recommends several great workout options that can help anyone get fit – whether their goal is to get in shape for summer or simply to maintain a healthy lifestyle:
• Bust a Move – Group X® classes like Zumba® and U-JAM Fitness™ are dance-themed. Participants can work up a sweat and tone up while getting their groove on to great music. Check the 24 Hour Fitness Group X schedule for a list of all the unique classes offered.
• Play Basketball – Grab some friends or join a game for some cardio and a little competition. In addition to letting some stress out on the court, a pick-up game might also lead to new gym buddies. The Fontana Super-Sport club features an NBA-sized basketball court with four practice hoops.
• Personalize Your Training – The club offers personal training services* for people who want to maximize their workouts with extra support and customized training guidance from knowledgeable professionals.
• Go for a Swim – From water walking to water aerobics, working out in the pool is an excellent, low-impact way to build strength, reduce body fat and increase flexibility. The Fontana Super-Sport club houses two indoor pools, each with three lanes.
• Try Boot Camp – Boot camp classes incorporate plyometrics and high-volume resistance training to boost metabolism, endurance and overall fitness. It’s the perfect combination of heart-pumping cardio and pure strength training to challenge people at any fitness level.
Additional club amenities and services include Kids’ Club*, TRX® Suspension Training, dedicated Cycle and Group X rooms, a racquetball court, whirlpool, steam room and more.
24 Hour Fitness will also open a new club in Eastvale, Calif., on May 18. The 24 Hour Fitness Eastvale Super-Sport club will be located at 12354 Limonite Avenue. Like the new Fontana gym, it will offer a wide variety of amenities, equipment, group exercise classes and services to help members of the community to stay active and healthy.
*Addtional fees apply.
About 24 Hour Fitness
Headquartered in San Ramon, Calif., 24 Hour Fitness is a leading health club industry pioneer, serving nearly four million members in more than 400 clubs across the U.S. For more than 30 years, the company has been dedicated to helping members change their lives and reach their individual fitness goals. With convenient club locations, personal training services, innovative group exercise classes and a variety of strength, cardio and functional training equipment, 24 Hour Fitness offers fitness solutions for everyone.
Please call 1-800-224-0240 or visit 24hourfitness.com for more information and to find the club nearest you.