Recent Member Poll Reveals Improved Sleep Habits, Sense of Accomplishment and Increased Energy as Top Benefit
San Ramon, Calif. - June 4 ,2013
A recent member poll from 24 Hour Fitness reveals participation in group exercise classes delivers a variety of emotional and physical health benefits. The findings were part of a recent survey conducted among more than 500 members of 24 Hour Fitness. Among the top positive physical effects reported, increased energy (74 percent), enhanced muscle tone (71 percent) and improved endurance (71 percent) ranked as the highest, while a sense of accomplishment (67 percent) and improved sleeping habits (46 percent) ranked as top mental benefits.
With most seeing results in less than two months (73 percent) of participation, 38 percent of group exercise participants reported noticing benefits in less than one month. According to the poll, respondents said their favorite Group X® classes included indoor cycling, Les Mills BODYPUMP™ and boot camps. Nearly half of the respondents (49 percent) said they attend these classes an average of two to three times per week.
Consumers can find out which group exercise class might be the best fit for their health and wellness goals by taking a look at the Find Your Path to Fitness infographic published by 24 Hour Fitness.
In addition to the reported benefits, 24 Hour Fitness shares a few other bonuses to adding group exercise classes to any workout regimen:
- Gym Buddies. Studies have shown that people are more likely to reach their fitness goals when working out with a partner1. Group exercise classes offer participants a chance to connect with others in the community who share the same interests – making exercise a more social, engaging and fun experience.
- Accountability. With a variety of formats offered each week – including popular Zumba® and Yoga classes – there is no excuse to miss a workout. 24 Hour Fitness offers approximately 65,000 Group X classes and 100 different formats nationwide each month.
- Motivation. Group X classes are exhilarating, inspiring and fun. Participating alongside others can create a sense of camaraderie and help participants stick to their workout routines, challenge themselves and reach success.
- Variety. There is a wide variety of effective, unique and engaging Group X classes that are all designed to help you stay engaged, motivated and focused on reaching your fitness goals. 24 Hour Fitness offers more than 100 different class formats to help you keep your workout routine fresh and challenging.
- Technique. Working out in a class with an instructor can help participants learn proper exercise technique.
24 Hour Fitness aims to provide a convenient, engaging and effective workout experience for members of all fitness levels. To learn more about the classes offered at your nearby 24 Hour Fitness club and to try one, visit 24hourfitness.com where you can look up Group X class schedules and download a free pass.
About the 24 Hour Fitness® Member Poll
The 24 Hour Fitness member poll examining the health and wellness benefits of club members, was fielded among 533 club members of 24 Hour Fitness, adults age 18 and older, across the U.S. from Dec. 5-16, 2012.
About 24 Hour Fitness
Headquartered in San Ramon, Calif., 24 Hour Fitness is a leading health club industry pioneer, serving nearly four million members in more than 400 clubs across the U.S. For more than 30 years, the company has been dedicated to helping members change their lives and reach their individual fitness goals. With convenient club locations, personal training services, innovative group exercise classes and a variety of strength, cardio and functional training equipment, 24 Hour Fitness offers fitness solutions for everyone.
Please call 1-800-224-0240 or visit 24hourfitness.com for more information and to find the club nearest you.