The New Club Anchors The Restaurant Pavilion of The Recently Remodeled NewPark Mall
NEWARK, CA - June 6, 2017
24 Hour Fitness is expanding its Bay Area presence with a new club in the conveniently located and recently renovated NewPark Mall that also includes 150 stores, a 12-screen theater, an Entertainment Promenade and Restaurant Pavilion. The NewPark Mall features over 1 million square feet of shopping options for residents, with the new 24 Hour Fitness club offering a health and wellness component that was previously missing within the complex.
A grand opening event is scheduled for Saturday, June 10, 2017, 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., 24 Hour Fitness Newark club,
2086 NewPark Mall Road, Suite 1001, Newark. The community is invited to this free celebration, which includes club tours, prize drawings, group training demonstrations, innovative GX24® studio classes and more.
Residents of the tri-city community, comprised of Fremont, Union City and Newark are known for leading active Bay Area lifestyles, taking advantage of the several trails, parks and recreation options available to them. 24 Hour Fitness is now offering an important indoor-option to the mix. Nestled within the edge of Silicon Valley, the Newark club offers a convenient club location for the high-tech workforce that commutes from within the area because of the availability of affordable housing and other valuable residential amenities.
“The Bay Area is our home and we are thrilled to expand 24 Hour Fitness even further, delivering innovative fitness options to our members,” said Jason Story, General Manager, 24 Hour Fitness Newark. “Our talented fitness professionals empower members to achieve their fitness goals, whether on a bike trail or in a cycling class, and work with them to ensure the time spent in our club enables a fit and healthy life outside of the club.”
The new, 40,000 square foot, two-story club features a modern design and open-floor plan. Amenities include:
- Cardio, strength and functional training equipment
- Large studio spaces for a full schedule of Cycle and GX24® studio classes, including new formats such as POP Pilates, Treat While You Train™ and bootybarre®
- Virtual classes: Members can take Cycle and GX24® studio classes on their own convenient schedule, when the studios aren’t in use. It’s as easy as making a selection of virtual class format options, pressing a button, and GO!
- Full-sized basketball court
- The Turf Zone: One of the newest additions to the club and designed both for athletes and non-athletes alike. The area includes specialized fitness equipment that take your workouts to the next level
- TRX Suspension Training: Normally only found at specialty fitness centers, incorporates the use of a system of straps that allows members to work against their own body weight to develop balance, flexibility and core stability
- Multi-Functional Training Rig: Used by athletes and fitness enthusiasts, these multi-station rigs are meant for both high-energy Functional Training and Olympic Lifting
- Indoor lap pool, spa and sauna
- Personal and Group Training services*
- Kids’ Club*
*Additional fees apply
About 24 Hour Fitness
Headquartered in San Ramon, Calif., 24 Hour Fitness is a leading health club industry pioneer, serving nearly 4 million members in over 400 clubs across the U.S. For more than 30 years, the company has been dedicated to helping members change their lives and reach their individual fitness goals. With convenient club locations, personal training services, popular GX24® studio classes and a variety of strength, cardio and functional training equipment, 24 Hour Fitness offers fitness solutions for everyone.
Please visit 24hourfitness.com for more information and to find the club nearest you.