New Club Celebrates Milestone with Grand Opening Event
Tacoma, WA. - Sep. 19, 2017
24 Hour Fitness is expanding its presence in Washington, with a new club in Tacoma, the second largest city in the Puget Sound area and the third largest in the state. In recent years, with development in its downtown core and the Tacoma Link light rail service, Tacoma has become one of the most livable and walkable cities in the U.S. (Prevention.com)
A grand opening event is scheduled for Saturday, September 23, 2017, 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., 24 Hour Fitness® Tacoma, 111 South 38th Street, Tacoma. The community is invited to this free celebration, which includes club tours, prize drawings, group training demonstrations, innovative GX24® studio classes and more.
With the region’s highest density of art and history museums, combined with the 2014 voter-approved bond measure to improve and grow the community park system, Tacoma offers cultural and environmental diversity for its 208,000 residents. A haven for hikers, runners and cyclists, 8 of every 10 residents has experienced outdoor recreational activities, reinforcing Tacoma and the region as a high priority for growing the 24 Hour Fitness footprint.
“Tacoma’s nickname as the “City of Destiny” fits its image, where residents not only appreciate the environment’s beauty but also embrace recreational activities no matter the season,” said Dominic Santini, General Manager. “24 Hour Fitness is thrilled to become a part of the community. Whether you’re a competitive athlete or just seek functional fitness for everyday life, you will be amazed by the variety of programs and fitness solutions we offer for every age and fitness ability.”
The modern new 40,000 square foot club features quality amenities, including:
- GX24® and cycle studios with popular studio classes such as Zumba®, BodyPump®, POP Pilates, RPM® and bootybarre® included with membership
- Hundreds of digital studio classes available on demand, for times when you want to take a class on your own or with friends
- Personal and small group training programs, designed to elevate performance and motivation*
- Rows of cardio and strength machines, plus free weights for every level of fitness
- Dedicated zones for TRX® resistance training, core work, stretching, functional and sports-specific workouts
- Multi-functional Olympic Training rig, used by athletes and fitness enthusiasts for both high-intensity training and Olympic lifting
- Basketball court
- Indoor lap pool for swim workouts and aqua classes
- Whirlpool, steam room and sauna for relaxation and recovery
- Spacious locker rooms with private showers
- Pro shop for convenient access to nutritional products, snacks and workout gear
- Kids’ Club for children up to age 12*
- Towel Service
*Additional fees apply
24 Hour Fitness offers a network of more than 420 locations nationwide, as well as signature content and programming including:
- 24GO™ on-demand workouts, including discounted access to Daily Burn®, streamed to any device, anytime
- Fit:Perks® Rewards program, featuring exclusive sweepstakes, deals and VIP passes
- Innovative My24® app with class finder, XCapture fitness tracking and compatibility with leading fitness apps and wearables
- 24Life® digital magazine, packed with ideas and lifestyle advice from world-class experts and celebrities on how to think, eat, move and recover better
- 24 Day Smart Start™ program, created in partnership with top health and fitness coaches to help you maximize your membership and your results
About 24 Hour Fitness
As an industry leader for more than 30 years, 24 Hour Fitness changes lives every day through fitness. Conveniently located clubs, furnished with a wide variety of strength, cardio and functional training equipment, are the perfect environment for fitness professionals to deliver dynamic personal and group training programs. GX24® and cycle studios feature a popular array of live studio classes included with membership. A multitude of additional offerings engage and inspire every member to lead a full and healthy life both inside and outside of the club. Opening new clubs on average at the brisk pace of one every few weeks, 24 Hour Fitness is headquartered in San Ramon, CA and serves nearly 4 million members in over 420 clubs nationwide.
To learn more about us and to find the club nearest you, visit 24hourfitness.com.