New Club Is Third Orlando-Area Location Opened In 2017
Apopka, FL. - Oct. 24, 2017
24 Hour Fitness is expanding its presence in Apopka, the second largest city in Orange County, Florida. Named in 2012 by Forbes Magazine as the friendliest city in America, the city’s population topped 45,000 in 2016, increasing by more than 50 percent since 2000. By 2020, city officials expect the population projections to nearly double.
A grand opening event is scheduled for Saturday, October 28, 2017, 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.,
24 Hour Fitness® Apopka Club, 2360 E. Semoran Blvd. Apopka, FL 32703. The community is invited to this free celebration, which includes club tours, prize drawings, group training demonstrations, innovative GX24® studio classes and more.
Widely recognized as a farming community, Apopka’s reputation may soon be changing with the addition of three major developments. The 25 mile long Wekiva Parkway is scheduled for completion in 2021 and will create a loop around Orlando, connecting surrounding cities, communities and businesses, offering a much-needed alternative to congested local roads. Additionally, Apopka is developing a 207,000 square foot City Center comprised of restaurants, shops and office space, and a new, $203 million Florida Hospital Apopka with 120 private-patient rooms, a 50,000-square-foot emergency department and an 80,000-square-foot medical office building. These developments will provide thousands of jobs, shopping and health and wellness resources for the growing Apopka community.
“The growth of Apopka is evident all around us, and 24 Hour Fitness is honored to be a part of the expansion of this city. Apopka is known for its friendly and welcoming residents, and we hope to mirror that energy within the walls of our new club,” said Danny Azón, General Manager. “24 Hour Fitness offers a variety of programs and fitness solutions for every age and fitness ability. We invite the community to visit our new location and speak with our certified fitness professionals to help you reach your fitness goals.”
The modern new 38,000 square foot club features quality amenities, including:
- GX24® and cycle studios with popular studio classes such as Zumba®, BodyPump®, POP Pilates, RPM® and bootybarre® included with membership
- Hundreds of digital studio classes available on demand, for times when you want to take a class on your own or with friends
- Personal and small group training programs, designed to elevate performance and motivation*
- Rows of cardio and strength machines, plus free weights for every level of fitness
- Dedicated zones for TRX® resistance training, core work, stretching, functional and sports-specific workouts
- Multi-functional Olympic Training rig, used by athletes and fitness enthusiasts for both high-intensity training and Olympic lifting
- Basketball court
- Indoor lap pool for swim workouts and aqua classes
- Whirlpool, steam room and sauna for relaxation and recovery
- Spacious locker rooms with private showers
- Pro shop for convenient access to nutritional products, snacks and workout gear
- Kids’ Club for children up to age 12*
- Towel Service
*Additional fees apply
24 Hour Fitness offers a network of more than 420 locations nationwide, as well as signature content and programming including:
- 24GO™ on-demand workouts, including discounted access to Daily Burn®, streamed to any device, anytime
- Fit:Perks® Rewards program, featuring exclusive sweepstakes, deals and VIP passes
- Innovative My24® app with class finder, XCapture fitness tracking and compatibility with leading fitness apps and wearables
- 24Life® digital magazine, packed with ideas and lifestyle advice from world-class experts and celebrities on how to think, eat, move and recover better
- 24 Day Smart Start™ program, created in partnership with top health and fitness coaches to help you maximize your membership and your results
About 24 Hour Fitness
As an industry leader for more than 30 years, 24 Hour Fitness changes lives every day through fitness. Conveniently located clubs, furnished with a wide variety of strength, cardio and functional training equipment, are the perfect environment for fitness professionals to deliver dynamic personal and group training programs. GX24® and cycle studios feature a popular array of live studio classes included with membership. A multitude of additional offerings engage and inspire every member to lead a full and healthy life both inside and outside of the club. Opening new clubs on average at the brisk pace of one every few weeks, 24 Hour Fitness is headquartered in San Ramon, CA and serves nearly 4 million members in over 420 clubs nationwide.
To learn more about us and to find the club nearest you, visit www.24hourfitness.com.