Intimate Village Setting Becomes New Home for Pelham Manor Club
PELHAM MANOR, NY - December 14, 2017
24 Hour Fitness continues its expansion plans throughout the U.S., opening five new clubs in December, including its 17th club in New York with the opening of 24 Hour Fitness® Pelham Manor. The historic suburban village on the Sound Shore of southern Westchester County offers the intimacy of a small village with easy access to Midtown Manhattan and major transportation hubs.
A grand opening event for the new club is scheduled for Saturday, December 16, 2017, 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.,
24 Hour Fitness® Pelham Manor, 887 Pelham Parkway, Pelham Manor, NY 10803. The community is invited to this free celebration, which includes club tours, prize drawings, group training demonstrations, innovative GX24® studio classes and more.
Pelham Manor has a rich history dating back to before the first Dutch settlers arrived. The area was once home to the Slwanoy Indians who sold over 9,000 acres of their land to William Pell in 1654. The land is now comprised of Pelham, New Rochelle and part of the Bronx. In Colonial times, the 1776 Battle of Pelham was a turning point in the War of Independence.
“We’re so pleased to be a part of this community,” said Greg Vega, General Manager. “Our goal to improve lives through fitness takes on more profound meaning at this time of year when we gather with family and friends to celebrate the holiday season. We make it our mission to provide a welcoming environment, program options that combine fun and a good mix of variety to keep you engaged, and knowledgeable fitness professionals to help you stay on track with your fitness goals. We hope to see the entire village at our grand opening celebration.”
The modern new and 37,800 square foot club features quality amenities, including:
- GX24® and cycle studios with popular studio classes such as Zumba®, BodyPump®, POP Pilates, RPM® and BootyBarre® included with membership
- Hundreds of digital studio classes available on demand, for times when you want to take a class on your own or with friends
- Personal and small group training programs, designed to elevate performance and motivation*
- Rows of cardio and strength machines, plus free weights for every level of fitness
- Dedicated zones for TRX® resistance training, core work, stretching, functional and sports-specific workouts
- Multi-functional Olympic Training rig, used by athletes and fitness enthusiasts for both high-intensity training and Olympic lifting
- Indoor lap pool for swim workouts and aqua classes
- Whirlpool, steam room and sauna for relaxation and recovery
- Spacious locker rooms with private showers
- Pro shop for convenient access to nutritional products, snacks and workout gear
- Kids’ Club for children up to age 12*
- Towel Service
*Additional fees apply
24 Hour Fitness offers a network of more than 420 locations nationwide, as well as signature content and programming including:
- 24GO™ on-demand workouts, including discounted access to Daily Burn®, streamed to any device, anytime
- Fit:Perks® Rewards program, featuring exclusive sweepstakes, deals and VIP passes
- Innovative My24® app with class finder, XCapture fitness tracking and compatibility with leading fitness apps and wearables
- 24Life® digital magazine, packed with ideas and lifestyle advice from world-class experts and celebrities on how to think, eat, move and recover better
- 24 Day Smart Start™ program, created in partnership with top health and fitness coaches to help you maximize your membership and your results
About 24 Hour Fitness
As an industry leader for more than 30 years, 24 Hour Fitness changes lives every day through fitness. Conveniently located clubs, furnished with a wide variety of strength, cardio and functional training equipment, are the perfect environment for fitness professionals to deliver dynamic personal and group training programs. GX24® and cycle studios feature a popular array of live studio classes included with membership. A multitude of additional offerings engage and inspire every member to lead a full and healthy life both inside and outside of the club. Opening new clubs on average at the brisk pace of one every few weeks, 24 Hour Fitness is headquartered in San Ramon, CA and serves nearly 4 million members in over 420 clubs nationwide.
To learn more about us and to find the club nearest you, visit www.24hourfitness.com.