LOS ANGELES, CA - June 23, 2018
While many local retailers are downsizing and closing locations to right size balance sheets, 24 Hour Fitness continues to establish its commitment to providing high-quality amenities and unparalleled service with its latest Los Angeles area club renovation, and 12,000 square foot expansion. This game-changing enhancement represents one of the largest renovations and expansions in company history, and will offer members of the Los Angeles community a stylish new place to work out, while providing the exceptional team of talented trainers, exciting group exercise classes, and friendly staff that the brand is known for.
The Mid-Wilshire club originally opened its doors in November 1998 as the 13th club for 24 Hour Fitness in the Los Angeles market, in comparison to 146 Southern California clubs today, having opened 18 clubs to date in the past 12 months. On June 23rd, the club will host a grand re-opening celebration; members of the Mid-Wilshire club will get to enjoy the vibrant new transformation and updated amenities. In addition to a beautiful remodel, the Mid-Wilshire club has added 12,000 square feet to its space, featuring an entire second floor of contemporary facilities. The club’s expansion made use of former office space, demonstrating the innovative thinking behind the brand’s creative use of the space. Located in a major metropolitan city with little room for build outs, the new Mid-Wilshire renovation highlight’s the fitness empire’s strategic ability to utilize space and provide high-quality, modern amenities and facilities for their members.
“We’re very excited to unveil the club’s new look after the five-month renovation process,” said Kip Kim, General Manager. “The beautifully remodeled club will feature an exciting array of new amenities, refreshed equipment, and renovated spaces, which will dramatically enhance our members’ experiences. In addition to updated amenities and a brand-new look and feel, members will gain more space in their club with an entire second floor.”
The club renovation features 12,000 square feet of additional areas and amenities including:
- New Group X studio
- Dedicated Torque branded Olympic lifting platform with Eleiko brand weights
- Enhanced locker rooms
- A refresh of the sauna, for relaxation and recovery
- New cycle area
- New cardio equipment area
- Select new equipment and amenities
The club will also offer new and familiar activities that prove to be popular with members:
- GX24® popular studio classes such as Zumba®, BodyPump®, POP Pilates, RPM® and bootybarre® included with membership
- Hundreds of digital studio classes available on demand, for times when you want to take a class on your own or with friends
- Personal and small group training programs, designed to elevate performance and motivation*
- Rows of cardio and strength machines, plus free weights for every level of fitness
- Dedicated zones for TRX® resistance training, core work, stretching, functional and sports-specific workouts
- Multi-functional Olympic Training rig used by athletes and fitness enthusiasts for both high-intensity training and Olympic lifting
*Additional fees apply
24 Hour Fitness offers a network of more than 420 locations nationwide, as well as signature content and programming including:
- 24GO™ on-demand workouts, including discounted access to Daily Burn®, streamed to any device, anytime
- Fit:Perks® Rewards program, featuring exclusive sweepstakes, deals and VIP passes
- Innovative My24® app with class finder, XCapture fitness tracking and compatibility with leading fitness apps and wearables
- 24Life® digital magazine, packed with ideas and lifestyle advice from world-class experts and celebrities on how to think, eat, move and recover better
- 24 Day Smart Start™ program, created in partnership with top health and fitness coaches to help you maximize your membership and your results
About 24 Hour Fitness
As an industry leader for more than 30 years, 24 Hour Fitness changes lives every day through fitness. Conveniently located clubs, furnished with a wide variety of strength, cardio and functional training equipment, are the perfect environment for fitness professionals to deliver dynamic personal and group training programs. GX24® and cycle studios feature a popular array of live studio classes included with membership. A multitude of additional offerings engage and inspire every member to lead a full and healthy life both inside and outside of the club. Opening new clubs on average at the brisk pace of one every few weeks, 24 Hour Fitness is headquartered in San Ramon, CA and serves nearly 4 million members in over 420 clubs nationwide.
To learn more about us and to find the club nearest you, visit www.24hourfitness.com.