New Location Represents the Company’s First Club In Massapequa
Massapequa, NY - December 1, 2018
This December, 24 Hour Fitness will grace the town of Massapequa, New York with it stimulating environment and empowering workouts that the fan-favorite brand is known for. With this latest addition to the Massapequa fitness scene, residents of this active, family-oriented community will be able to challenge themselves with a variety of inspirational programs that build a strong and vibrant club community, while getting a head start on new year fitness goals. Featuring a talented roster of fitness professionals, unparalleled amenities, and high-energy group classes, the new club will provide a welcoming atmosphere for Massapequa’s fitness enthusiasts whether you’re training for a Spartan Race or looking to improve your overall health and wellness.
The 24 Hour Fitness® Massapequa club grand opening event is scheduled for Saturday, December 1st, 2018, 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., located at 941 Carmans Road, Massapequa NY 11758. The community is invited to this free celebration, which includes club tours, prize drawings, group training demonstrations, innovative GX24® studio classes and more.
Massapequa’s humble beginnings can be attributed to the Dutch who first arrived to Long Island in 1636, and by 1780 residents started flocking to the region. The Long Island Railroad opened in 1933, bridging the gap to the city and providing an influx of residents to the area. Today, with its close proximity by train to one of the world’s largest, bustling metropolis’, residents of the majestic Long Island town enjoy the excitement of a big city with the charm and community-feel that a quaint township has to offer. The community prides itself on its friendly, neighborly-feel and offers its residents a great school district, a plethora of nearby beaches and parks - proving to be a fantastic place for families to reside. A convenient Long Island Railroad station in Massapequa provides easy access for residents to commute to New York City.
“We’re thrilled to be bringing our talented team of professionals for the first time ever to the family-friendly town of Massapequa,” said Hakeem Gilman, General Manager. “Many Long Island residents travel daily to New York City, and our flexible hours offer residents the ease and ability to get an energizing workout in during their busy day. We’re growing in the New York market, and providing convenient locations closer to where our members live and work. There’s no better time to get a jump start on your 2019 fitness resolutions!”
The modern new 40,000 square foot club features quality amenities, including:
- GX24® studios with popular Studio classes such as Zumba® and BodyPump included with membership
- Hundreds of digital studio classes available on demand, for times when you want to take a class on your own or with friends
- Personal and small group training programs, designed to elevate performance and motivation*
- Rows of cardio and strength machines, plus free weights for every level of fitness
- Dedicated zones for TRX® resistance training, core work, stretching, functional and sports-specific workouts
- Multi-functional Olympic Training rig, used by athletes and fitness enthusiasts for both high-intensity training and Olympic lifting
- Indoor basketball court
- Indoor lap pool for swim workouts and aqua classes
- Whirlpool, steam room, and sauna for relaxation and recovery
- Spacious locker rooms with private showers
- Pro shop for convenient access to nutritional products, snacks and workout gear
- Kids’ Club for children up to age 12*
*Additional fees apply
24 Hour Fitness offers a network of more than 420 locations nationwide, as well as signature content and programming including:
- 24GO® custom workout app, takes the guesswork out of fitness with workouts in the gym, at home and on the go
- Fit:Perks® Rewards program, featuring exclusive sweepstakes, deals and VIP passes
- 24Life® digital magazine, packed with ideas and lifestyle advice from world-class experts and celebrities on how to think, eat, move and recover better
About 24 Hour Fitness
Celebrating 35 years as an industry leader, 24 Hour Fitness transforms lives every day through fitness. Conveniently located clubs, furnished with a wide variety of strength, cardio and functional training equipment, are the perfect environment for fitness professionals to deliver dynamic personal and group training programs. GX24® and cycle rooms feature a popular array of live classes included with membership. A multitude of additional offerings engage and inspire every member to lead a full and healthy life both inside and outside of the club. Opening new clubs on average at the brisk pace of one every few weeks, 24 Hour Fitness is headquartered in San Ramon, CA and serves nearly 4 million members in over 420 clubs nationwide.
To learn more about us and to find the club nearest you, visit www.24hourfitness.com.