New Club Opening Represents Notable Northeast Expansion with 10th Club in New Jersey
Woodbridge, NJ - December 15, 2018
For the first time in company history, 24 Hour Fitness is opening its doors in the Township of Woodbridge, New Jersey. The new club is opening just in time for fitness enthusiasts and beginners alike to get a head-start on conquering their 2019 fitness goals. The fan-favorite fitness brand will bring its signature high-quality amenities, friendly professionals, and invigorating group classes, enabling the residents of Woodbridge to dramatically shake up their workout routine. As the 10th location in New Jersey, and the 26th location in the Tri-State area, 24 Hour Fitness is closing out 2018 with continued success and expansion in the Northeast.
The 24 Hour Fitness® Woodbridge Township club grand opening event is scheduled for Saturday, December 15th, 2018, 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., located at 1624 Saint Georges Ave, Avenel, NJ 07001. The community is invited to this free celebration, which includes club tours, prize drawings, group training demonstrations, innovative GX24® classes and more.
The community prides itself on its rich history with deep roots. The township of Woodbridge is the oldest original township in New Jersey, and was granted a royal charter in 1669 by King Charles II of England. The unincorporated communities of Avenel, Colonia, Fords, Iselin, Port Reading, Sewaren, and Woodbridge Proper all make up the distinct areas that Woodbridge Township encompasses. Many residents commute to New York City for school or work, and rely on the New Jersey transit to travel into the city. Residents can easily access one of the nation’s most vibrant metropolises filled with the best museums, culture, shopping, schools, and restaurants in the country, while still residing in a quiet community with easy highway access and top public schools.
“Woodbridge is a bustling, diverse community filled with professionals and families who want to be the best versions of themselves,” said Marc Kamhi, General Manager. “Many residents want to get an invigorating workout in before they hop on the New Jersey transit to go to work, and our convenient hours and location close to the Rahway transit station will enable them to do just that. Our new club has something for everyone - whether you’re new to working out, training for a marathon or a Spartan race, or want to take fun group exercise classes. We can’t wait to bring our talented team of trained professionals and signature amenities to the township of Woodbridge!”
The modern new 38,000 square foot club features quality amenities, including:
- GX24® and cycle rooms, with popular classes such as Zumba®, BodyPump®, POP Pilates, RPM® and bootybarre® included with membership
- Practice court (for basketball, among other sports)
- Hundreds of digital classes available on demand, for times when you want to take a class on your own or with friends
- Personal and small group training programs, designed to elevate performance and motivation*
- Rows of cardio and strength machines, plus free weights for every level of fitness
- Dedicated zones for TRX® resistance training, core work, stretching, functional and sports-specific workouts
- Multi-functional Olympic Training rig, used by athletes and fitness enthusiasts for both high-intensity training and Olympic lifting
- Indoor lap pool for swim workouts and aqua classes
- Whirlpool, steam room, and sauna for relaxation and recovery
- Spacious locker rooms with private showers
- Pro shop for convenient access to nutritional products, snacks and workout gear
- Kids’ Club for children up to age 12*
*Additional fees apply
24 Hour Fitness offers a network of more than 420 locations nationwide, as well as signature content and programming including:
- 24GO® custom workout app, takes the guesswork out of fitness with workouts in the gym, at home and on the go
- Fit:Perks®Rewards program, featuring exclusive sweepstakes, deals and VIP passes
- 24Life® digital magazine, packed with ideas and lifestyle advice from world-class experts and celebrities on how to think, eat, move and recover better
About 24 Hour Fitness
Celebrating 35 years as an industry leader, 24 Hour Fitness transforms lives every day through fitness. Conveniently located clubs, furnished with a wide variety of strength, cardio and functional training equipment, are the perfect environment for fitness professionals to deliver dynamic personal and group training programs. GX24® and cycle rooms feature a popular array of live classes included with membership. A multitude of additional offerings engage and inspire every member to lead a full and healthy life both inside and outside of the club. Opening new clubs on average at the brisk pace of one every few weeks, 24 Hour Fitness is headquartered in San Ramon, CA and serves nearly 4 million members in over 420 clubs nationwide.
To learn more about us and to find the club nearest you, visit www.24hourfitness.com.